If you find an ant roaming in your yard, then, there must be also living around. Well, it should not be a big concern for you, if you are outdoors somewhere with your family. But, if your home is undertaken by red ants, then, it is a thing you need to be concerned about. You can hire an expert pest exterminator for the removal of red ants.
Are red ants harmful?
The National Wildlife Federation says that there are almost more than 12,000 different species of ants living in this world. But, the nuisance is one of them is red ants. Siding them, there are also many species that are dangerous, but red ants are very common.
Red ants are one of the known species of ants that infest home. And, their infestation is something you need to worry about. Because they are very dangerous as they carry bacteria or germs and can transmit diseases to you or your family members. But, don’t worry, in this article, we are going to share some tips for red ant control. Keep reading.
There are lots of ways available to do red ant control. Still, for ants control we recommend you to call experts as it will be the best for you. There are some natural ingredients that can help you to get rid of red ants.
So, let’s discuss the ways to do ant control using some natural ingredients which are easily available in the market:
- Diatomaceous Earth: Diatomaceous earth is silicon dioxide and it is one of the well-known pest or ant control natural ingredients. It is not any kind of poison, don’t get it wrong. It just kills ants by absorbing the oil present in their skeleton. But, as it is kind of an irritant, it would be better if you don’t breathe. It is easily available in the market, so buy and use it for ant control.
- Glass cleaner or liquid detergent: Ants are one of those insects who never get lost. Do you know why? It’s because they leave scented pheromones behind wherever they go. Using glass cleaner or any liquid detergent can help you to do ant control. Using it will remove their pheromones and they will lose their way home. For ant control just mix liquid detergent with glass cleaner and then, spray it on the areas where you have noticed the ants.
- Ground black or red pepper: Using ground black or red pepper is also a good option for ant control. As red or ground black pepper acts as an ant repellent. So, you can just rely on it and use it to get rid of ants.
- Peppermint: Well, peppermint is also one of the natural ingredients which can help you to do ant control in your home. You can use peppermint oil too, just sprinkle it on the areas where you have noticed the ants.
- Tea tree oil: Like peppermint oil, you can also prefer using tea tree oil for ant control. As it also repels ants very efficiently.
Thus, these are some of the tips for ant control that you need to follow. Ant can be very disastrous for you, you better don’t take them lightly. If you think that you have a large size of ant infestation in your home. Then, taking pest control services help will be a smart choice.